Community Church
Join us in the vision God has given to our community. Together we can restore, rebuild and refresh families. Grow with us and bring the life-changing message of Jesus to our city and to communities around the world

History

Community Church began in 1934 as a small group of believer who met in a tent on Border Street in Orange. They were led by Pastor V.C. Smith. It steadily grew throughout years and was later chartered as First Assembly of God Church in 1941. In 1967 First Assembly purchased land on 16th Street and developed a long-standing presence in the heart of our city. In 1977, under the leadership of Pastor L.A. Buck, First Assembly of God took on the new name of Community Church. That same year, with the vision of Catherine Stewart, Community Christian School was born. In 1979 Pastors David & Melba Berkheimer began leading the church and tremendously expanded Community’s impact in the region. Then in 1994 Community Church and School moved to their current location on MLK Drive in Orange.